Beautiful Bonsai trees, for the most part, are extremely easy to keep and care for. You can keep an indoor Bonsai miniature, by trimming and pruning new growth as it appears.
Types of Bonsai:
There are so many different varieties of Bonsai, both indoor and outdoor. Each has slightly different growing conditions and all conditions are pretty minor and easy to practice.
The 3 Main Things To Consider When Purchasing
1.) Do you want an indoor or outdoor variety?
2.) What are the growing conditions needed?
3.) The space you have.
Most plants die due to improper watering than any other cause.
• Check your plant daily by sticking your finger into the soil.
• Do not water the tree if the soil is damp or cool.
• When the topsoil feels dry, water thoroughly and deeply.
• Place the entire pot in a sink of water an inch deep. Let the water absorb from the holes in the bottom of the pot.
The leaves like moisture because indoor air is very dry.
• Use a fine spray bottle mister often during the day. Avoid putting your plant near a draft or vent, which dries out the foliage.
• A humidity tray is a great way to increase humidity. Used to protect surfaces and maintain moisture levels between watering.
Fertilizing is essential to its health because nutrients in the soil are washed away with each watering. Fertilizer is like vitamins and minerals for a plant. Peters 20-20-20 All Purpose Fertilizer, Certified Organic Fish Emulsion and Rapeseed Cake Organic Fertilizer are recommended.
Insects and Diseases:
Pests such as scale, mealy bugs and sooty mold are common pests. Bonsai is also susceptible to root rot in soils with poor drainage. Use of insecticides and fungicides in the form of sprays. Spraying your Bonsai once every two months with a non-toxic insect spray after watering.
Additional Site Categories
ALL GARDEN POSTS / DIVIDING AND PLANT CARE / FEATHERED FRIENDS BACKYARD GUESTS / LAWN AND YARD CARE / FRESH FROM GARDEN RECIPES / GARDEN PESTS / LAWN & YARD / FRUITS, HERBS & VEGGIES / INSECTS / BIRDS
AFFILIATE POLICY: Posts on this site may contain links to outside vendors that pay me a commission when you purchase from them, at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting this site!